Once upon a time websites were full of words and few pictures but as we didn’t know any better we were drawn to them like moths to a flame.
Check out how boring and uninteresting these old Apple and Twitter sites look now.
In 2018 we are far more demanding, if a website looks uninteresting or is too difficult to navigate we are out of there in a flash – within eight seconds according to the statistics.
A site must be visually appealing, have good content, be easy to get around and project credibility.
Video ticks all the boxes allowing you to have an interesting website, powerful content, and letting you demonstrate your credibility, your product and your services.
A Website with video will keep people watching on average, for two minutes. Plenty of time to get your message across.
Here are 5 ways to creatively add video to your website
- On your about page instead of words (or as well as words) have a video where you introduce yourself telling a bit about your business and why you’re so passionate about it.
Here’s an example by Christine (Chan) O’Donnell, founder of the Sukha Arts Centre using video to capture and engage her site visitors:
Demonstrate your product. Even if it’s as straight forward as a hose connector, let your customer see it in better detail.
3. If your product is a little more involved or the way to use is a bit tricky, have a detailed “how to video.”
A step by step guide into how to set it up, how to operate it and maintenance.
Video Testimonials – there’s nothing like satisfied customers telling how wonderful your product and service is, to generate new business.
5. Product launch or special event i.e 25 years of business. A video showing your longevity and commitment is invaluable. It could be as simple as a presentation to a staff member for good service.
Video is a vital part of content marketing and it’s going to become even more important.
Consider these facts
- 90 percent of online consumers report that a product or service video helps them make a decision to buy
- 65 percent of executives who watch work-related videos visit the business’ website afterwards
- 64 percent of people who visit a business’ website are likely to buy their product after watching a video.
If your competition isn’t using video on their website they soon will be.
There is no better way to engage, communicate and emotionally connect with your prospective clients than with video.
What are you waiting for?
Give us a call at Video Professionals 8325 2746